Stillages manufactured for the Marine Industry are generally for the manufacture and transportation of parts for the boat building industry. These types of stillages are generally large in size in order to carry the large components required to build the many types of boats, ie Luxury Yatchs and Cruisers, With this in mind, here at Lowe Stillages and Cages we understand the importance of Safety due to the size of the stillages required, quality of the Stillages ie CE marking, for the weight that the stillages will be carrying and also quality relating to the protection of the components to be transported.
Important issues specific to Marine Stillages are as follows:
- Design of the stillages, important aspects are the protection of the parts to be carried due to the high finish of the components and the attachment points
- Design and testing relating to the maneuverability of the large components of the build
- The quality grade of the Materials used in the manufacture of the stillages
- The attachments used to lift and move the stillages around and the safety around these appliances making sure they conform with Loler.
- Traceability of labour and materials, CE Accreditation
- Testing procedures to include Dye Pen, Load Test and Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- (Finite element analysis (FEA) is a computerised method for predicting how a product reacts to real-world forces, vibration, heat, fluid flow and other physical effects. Finite element analysis shows whether a product will break, wear out or work the way it was designed)
- Which standards will LOWE use during; design, build and testing?
- The Stillage will require some form of ID label; Drawing No’ and TARE / Working Load Limit
- Welder and NDE Qualifications and approval
Examples of Stillages that Lowe Stillage and Cages have been involved in are as follows:
– Aft Extension Box Jig (Build and Delivery Cradles)
– Various Kitting Trolleys
– Mould Stillages
– Master En Suit Trolley
– Build Frame Cradle
– Hull Mould Stillage
– Shutter Transport Trolleys
– Shutter Demould Jigs
– Shutter Paint Jigs
– Internal Walkways.
Here at Lowe Stillages and Cages we have extensive expertise in working in a Safety and Quality driven environment