Lowe have worked in the Nuclear Industry for many years, closely working with some of the UK’s leading nuclear power plants. With extensive design capabilities and quality manufacturing, we are able to produce CE accredited products at the highest quality to adhere to the highest standards of safety.
Stillages manufactured for the Nuclear Industry are generally for the transportation of high hazard items and miscellaneous waste around the Nuclear Facility. With this in mind, here at Lowe Stillages and Cages we understand the importance of Safety. Within the Nuclear Industry a different specification will be required for different areas of the plant, ie Life time records, quality procedure documentation etc. The client will provide clear specifications of their requirements, Lowe will then provide a technical review of the suitability of the design and all relevant documentation for example :- test plans, reports, quality information, Inspection and weld/paint procedures, that conform to these specifications.
Important issues specific to Nuclear Stillages are as follows:
- The quality grade of the Materials used in the manufacture of the stillages.
- The attachments used to lift and move the stillages around and the safety around these appliances making sure they conform with Loler.
- Traceability of labour and materials, CE Accreditation
- (Finite element analysis (FEA) is a computerised method for predicting how a product reacts to real-world forces, vibration, heat, fluid flow and other physical effects. Finite element analysis shows whether a product will break, wear out or work the way it was designed.
- Testing procedures to include dye pen, load test and Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Which standards will LOWE use during; design, build and testing?
- The Stillage will require some form of ID label; Drawing No’ and TARE / Working Load Limit
- Serial number against the batch and PO reference.
- Welder and NDE Qualifications and approval
All of the above are paramount within an industry where quality health and Safety are critical. Here at Lowe Stillages and Cages we have extensive expertise in working in a Safety and Quality driven environment.
If you would like advice on stillages / material handling production solutions then give us a call on 01889 563244 or alternatively fill in the form below and we will be happy to help.
“We have partnered with Stillages and Cages for over three years now, we find their professionalism, attention to detail and conscientious attitude a pleasure to deal with, going the extra mile when needed”
Anon – Supply Chain Manager
Lowe Stillages and Cages have worked for us for the past 6 years. We have always found the company to be proactive in their attitude, willing and able to solve problems quickly and provide us with a quality product that is right first time. Their level of professionalism is outstanding through all departments.
Joshua Cole – Head of Supply Chain
We have engaged with Lowe Uk to design and make some bespoke stillages for holding and stacking hoses.
There service has been very helpful with full drawings and specifications. The stillages are now in use and performing really well.
We were able to tweak the design after the 1st batch were delivered and this was sorted very quickly.
The stillages have proved exceptionally successful and allows us to reduce manual handling of our goods and stack the goods which we have not been able to do in the past
There service, design and manufacturing has been very good.
General Manager – Arco