Oil & Gas Industry
Stillages and products manufactured for the oil and gas sector are typically to support the materials handling of tooling and equipment. Oil & Gas Stillages & Cages can be anything from pipe and drill tube stillages, through to lifting frames jibs and equipment for tooling and equipment. The Oil and Gas sector within the UK Primarily located offshore with this in mind, here at Lowe Stillages and Cages we understand the importance of the design of robust and hardwearing products. Due to the nature of the oil and gas sector design considerations need to be made to provide a robust product that will stand the test of time in harsh environments, this may involve the selection of material, paint or finishing process suitable for high corrosion environments, to reduce the risk of failure in service. The client will provide specifications of their requirements as well as details of the proposed working environment of the product, Lowe will then provide a technical review of the suitability of the design and all relevant documentation for example:- test plans, material certs, reports, quality information, Inspection and weld/paint procedures, that conform to these specifications.
Important issues specific to Oil and Gas Sector are as follows:
· The quality and grade of the Materials used in the manufacture of the stillages.
· The finishing processes used to provide best possible corrosion resistance
· The attachments used to lift and move the stillages around and the safety around these appliances making sure they conform with LOLER.
· Traceability of labour and materials, CE Accreditation
· Testing procedures to include dye pen, load testing
· Thorough inspection
· Robust design proving using Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
· Which standards will LOWE use during; design, build and testing?
· Any product that is required to support a load will require some form of ID label, Drawing No’ and TARE / Working Load Limit
· Serial number against the batch and PO reference.
· Traceability of Welder and NDE Qualifications and approval
All of the above are paramount within an industry where robustness and durability are key. Here at Lowe Stillages and Cages we have extensive expertise in the design of products that will meet or exceed the proposed product lifecycle.