Lowe started off working primarily with Heavy Manufacturing companies in 1993. We have worked extensively with JCB, supporting their mechanical engineering department with in all business units. We have designed and manufactured thousands of bespoke solutions in stillaging, trolleys, jigs, fixtures and lineside kitting.
Lowe Stillages and Cages have worked extensively in this industry for the past 28 years, we specialise in the design and manufacture of these types of stillages and over the years have manufactures 1000s of bespoke stillages for all aspects of Diggers, Tractors, Excavators, Forktrucks, Telehandlers.
Examples of the Stillage we have manufactured are as follows
Stillages manufactured for the Heavy Plant Industry are generally for the transportation of parts from suppliers premises to the main factory for assembly and for movement around the assemble plant. We also provide lineside equipment, production support equipment and tooling of various types and complexities. There is such a huge variety of parts that require stillages and here at Lowe Stillages and Cages we have the expertise to design and manufacture to your unique requirements, whether it be that a part is supplied for Lowe to design a stillage around that part or by our customers suppling us with CAD data for us to design to. We operate Solid Works on a premium package and have the experience and abilities to carry out design studies to give our customers confidence in the products we are supplying.
Issues to be considered specific to Heavy Plant Industry Stillages are as follows:
- Transportation of the Stillage from one plant to another.
- Amount of parts to be carried in the stillage
- JIT Supply
- Handling of the parts from the Stillage to the line side operator, operation criteria
- Cost of the Stillage
- Handling Requirements
- How will the parts in the stillage be protected ?
- Can the stillage be used to carry multiple parts from different machines
- The quality grade of the Materials used in the manufacture of the stillages.
- The attachments used to lift and move the stillages around and the safety around these appliances making sure they conform with Loler.
- Traceability of labour and materials, CE Accreditation
- Testing procedures to include Dye Pen, Load Test and Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- (Finite element analysis (FEA) is a computerised method for predicting how a product reacts to real-world forces, vibration, heat, fluid flow and other physical effects. Finite element analysis shows whether a product will break, wear out or work the way it was designed)
- What standards will LOWE be required to conform to during; design, build and testing?
- The Stillage will require some form of ID label; Drawing No’ and TARE / Working Load Limit
- Serial number against the batch and PO reference.
- Welder and NDE Qualifications and approval
If you have any questions or would like a quotation, please drop us a call on 01889 563244 or fill in the form below, we will be happy to assist you.
“We have partnered with Stillages and Cages for over three years now, we find their professionalism, attention to detail and conscientious attitude a pleasure to deal with, going the extra mile when needed”
Anon – Supply Chain Manager
Lowe Stillages and Cages have worked for us for the past 6 years. We have always found the company to be proactive in their attitude, willing and able to solve problems quickly and provide us with a quality product that is right first time. Their level of professionalism is outstanding through all departments.
Joshua Cole – Head of Supply Chain
We have engaged with Lowe Uk to design and make some bespoke stillages for holding and stacking hoses.
There service has been very helpful with full drawings and specifications. The stillages are now in use and performing really well.
We were able to tweak the design after the 1st batch were delivered and this was sorted very quickly.
The stillages have proved exceptionally successful and allows us to reduce manual handling of our goods and stack the goods which we have not been able to do in the past
There service, design and manufacturing has been very good.
General Manager – Arco